There are hundreds of essential oils readily available on the market that claim all different types of benefits. When it comes to our hair, using some of these oils can greatly improve the quality of our hair and its overall health. I have found that lemongrass oil has a great amount of benefit when applied topically to the hair and scalp, and also has many health benefits that make it a true essential in your household. Here is a listing of the many benefits of lemongrass oil, and why you should definitely consider keeping a bottle of it handy. Benefits that are related to hair have been listed in bold print..
- Lemongrass oil helps reduce pain and inflammation; it is helpful in relieving pain in muscles and joints; it can also help relieve toothache and headache.
- Lemongrass oil can help boost mental state; it is helpful for those who are suffering from depression, stress, chronic fatigue, etc. Just the lemony sweet smell of Lemongrass oil can be a mood booster!
- Lemongrass oil is effective in bringing down very high fever. It is often given with tea for this purpose.
- Lemongrass oil is seen to be effective in inhibiting bacterial infections in colon, stomach, urinary tracts, wounds, respiratory system; it also helps cure diseases resulting from bacterial or microbial infections such as typhoid, food poisoning, skin diseases, malaria, etc.
- Lemongrass oil has astringent property. When applied to the scalp, it can help your hair remain clean and fresh between shampoos. It also promotes contraction hair follicles, thereby preventing hair shedding with regular use.
- Lemongrass can help increase the formation of milk in the breast. It also enhances the quality of milk. This property is very helpful for the lactating mothers and the babies.
- Lemongrass can repel flies and other insects - use it alone in a burner, or mixed with other insect repellent oils such as cedar wood, eucalyptus or tea tree.
- Lemongrass oil has deodorant properties and can help prevent excessive perspiration. This makes is a great hair oil for locs and other natural styles!
- Lemongrass oil can help reduce appearance of cellulite. Just mix a little essential oil to your favorite lotion or massage oils.
- Lemongrass can help to combat skin-related disorders such as acne and open pores.
- Lemongrass shampoo can help give volume to hair.
These amazing benefits of Lemongrass Oil are why I have chosen to use this oil as the main ingredient in my Healing Hair & Scalp OIl!
*First published by Aronda Denise at www.arondastewart.com